I woke up today and just realize that today is Cinco de Mayo! Two awesome things come to my mind on Cinco de Mayo: my sweet girl from Arksansas birthday (Happy super birthday Juli!!) and Mexican food.
For those who love mexican food like me, it’s a day that allows you to make an excuse and jump into a Mexican Dinner night!
Any kind of celebration is always welcome, so why not invite some friends over and have some fun?? Or, go out and have some delicious mexican food? There’re a lot of restaurants and bars around you celebrating the date. The only thing you cannot do, it’s don’t do anything!
I’ve seen a lot of recipes for tacos, tamales, enchiladas, but since I’m always interested on the sweet stuff, I decided to go for the dessert.
I’m posting here one of my favorite family recipe. Very tasty, easy to make and simply delicious Pudin de Leche.
-1 tablespoon flour
– 1 can of condensed milk
– 2 cups of Milk
– 3 eggs
– 2 cups of sugar
– Put sugar into a pan and take to the stove. Wait until the sugar start to melt. When it’s completely melted, you can add a cup of water.
(Be careful, because at this point its going to pop all over the pan and you don’t want to get burned.)
– Wait until it become a caramel, then you can turn the fire off. Your caramel is ready.
– Blend all the ingredients on the blender.
– Pour the caramel into a bundt pan followed by the blended ingredients.
– Bake in water bath for 20 minutes.
– Allow to cool to unmold. You can take to the refrigerator and unmold only when serving.
Hope you love it just like me!
Have a cupcake day!